NACC can customize training sessions for specific states and jurisdictions.
NACC works with states and local jurisdictions to customize trainings that cover federal and
state law. The goal of a custom, state-specific course is to support high-quality
legal representation for children, parents, and agencies in the child welfare system. When
engaging NACC to design and deliver a custom course, jurisdictions can expect:
- An “incubator session” with local practitioners and judges to identify the most pressing topics to address in a state specific training;
- A comprehensive curriculum that covers relevant statutes, rules, case law, and practice nuances of your jurisdiction;
- Collaboration with local practitioners and Court Improvement Programs to ensure all trainings and materials meet the jurisdiction’s needs; and
- A dynamic, interactive series that increases attendees’ knowledge of local child welfare law and practice and teaches concrete advocacy tips.
NACC collaborates with the jurisdiction and local practitioners to determine which topics to
prioritize. NACC can design custom courses for attendees of varied experience levels and types
of clients, as well as judges. NACC can conduct custom trainings both online and onsite.
Contact us to discuss the needs and training goals in your jurisdiction.
Become an NACC Member
Your Practice is our purpose
Join the NACC Community! NACC is firmly committed to making this difficult practice a little easier — by providing all attorneys in the child welfare system training and technical assistance, inspiration and motivation, as well as the opportunity to get involved and improve the system for children and families. NACC promotes excellence, builds community, and advances justice.
Benefits of Membership
- The Guardian law journal
- Members-only Webinars
- Listserv and Member Directory
- Annual conference discount
- Discount on trainings, CWLS certification, and publications